Because a great listener like you
deserves to be heard far and wide . . .
Welcome, healer! I’m so glad you have found your way here. I know how much of yourself you give to bringing healing to the people you work with (and to your family and friends, and more) ~ a wholeness that is so deeply needed in our culture and times.
And I want to help you in at least two ways:
1. If you’ve been wanting to write a book ~ maybe struggling with self-doubts, or what’s wanting to be known, or simply the how-to’s of book-writing ~ I want to ease your way. And I am confident that I can do so. (Read the rest of this site to see how and why.)
You can book a complimentary exploratory session with me to find out directly. Simply email me at email@example.com, or phone me at (510) 465-3935.
2. I can show you how to use the very same abilities and talents that you already bring to your healing work into writing your book. (Plus a few new things you may enjoy learning and experiencing.) A big relief! It means you don’t have to start completely from scratch, or do it the way you learned in school. You have everything you need, inside. We just need to bring it out and give it form.
Healers tend to be the listeners in relationships (at least in a professional capacity). When you write a book in the way that I help you go about it, you get to be the one who is listened to.
Together, we draw forth what wants to be known in you and through you, through the vehicle of this book you’re writing. As it unfolds, I help you see its trajectory and shape, its genre and possibilities, and ~ on all the levels of this journey ~ how to proceed.
I just love working with healing professionals who want to write a book. They make such good “clients,” because they tend to:
- Be good at listening to themselves, and making connections that help grow the writing.
- Go deeply and beautifully into the subject of their heart’s choosing.
- Trust the process (the journey) as well as focusing on the “product” of the completed book (the destination).
- Have something valuable, substantial, and healing to say on the printed page.
- Have a compassionate, deeply felt understanding of human suffering, and what may transform it into acceptance, new growth, and joy.
When I began this process, my deepest yearnings were twofold: one, that the words expressed would be a true expression of my soul; and two, that in the process of writing I would find and deepen my relationship with my creativity, and myself. Naomi has been a precious guide in both respects.
“She has provided unwavering support, profound mirroring, and has gently guided and encouraged me, again and again, to write from the place of my true and authentic self. In the process, I have come into relationship with my deepest creative self, after a lifetime of longing and disconnection from it. This gift beyond measure I attribute in large part to Naomi’s soulful, loving, supportive and wise guidance.” ~ Carolyn Shoshana Fershtman, Ph.D., Clinical Psychologist (book in progress)
So whether you are:
♥ A psychotherapist listening your clients towards healing their psyche and spirit ~
♥ A bodyworker listening with your hands ~
♥ A holistic practioner using your modality of choice to bring your clients and patients to a better balance than ever before ~
♥ Or some other mode of healer ~
the world is waiting for your book, even though it doesn’t know it yet ~ your unique take on what heals. Your readers need the healing medicine that only you can give. And you need the opportunities the world will offer you once you have your book in print.
It’s your turn to be listened to, now.
Let’s listen to you together.
Naomi has a way of holding space for me and my creativity that seems to pull out the best in me. Walking away from our sessions together, I know this book is worth writing! I don’t know if there is a better skill to have, as a Writer’s Midwife. And I don’t think it’s just personal to me: it is more a belief in her that says everyone has a book in them, if they choose to go on that journey.” ~ Rupam Henry, RDA, HHC, 13th-generation herbalist, author, The Curse Becoming the Gift (in progress)
IS THIS YOU?
Career and Healing Focus:
- You have a special focus in your healing work that you trust will be of value to others. You would like to articulate this clearly and compellingly, and make it available to a wider range of people than you can through private practice.
- You want to spread your healing message, become known for in the world for this message, and attract more clients through your book.
- There are certain subjects that have come up in your practice ~ maybe in your life ~ that no one seems to have written about. And yet there is a need for them to be addressed more publicly. You are wondering whether this is a call for you to do so.
Your Temperament and Sensibility:
- You’re a contemplative person, and would prefer to articulate your reflections in the slower, more attentive way that writing makes possible than by having to, say, give a talk.
- You always wanted to be a writer. But you didn’t really give it room. Perhaps your writing efforts have been limited to professional writing. Now you are drawn to bring forth that early inner writer and see what s/he has to tell you (and maybe even the world).
- Your life has been a healing journey. At this point, its arc and meaning are more clear. You feel in a position to tell a healing story and contribute to the literature of seekers over time ~ especially in this time.
- You have ample time to give to writing a book, at this point in your life. You think this could be a good way to use your energies and cull your life’s wisdom.
The Current State of Your Writing:
- The thesis you once wrote (or thought about writing) still means something to you. You’ve been wondering if it could translate into a book, and what that would involve.
- You have journals, perhaps even some poetry, from your own healing journey. You wonder if you might turn these private landmarks into a book that could interest others.
- You already have started writing a book. You have notes, or computer files (perhaps an overwhelming amount). Perhaps there’s even a complete first draft of a manuscript. You’re engaged, invested, and committed ~ but you have no idea how to turn it into an actual, completed, and very-much-worth-reading book.
- You have done no writing, as yet. You don’t even have a definite subject in mind. And yet your desire to write a book is real. And it isn’t going away.
You wish you had someone like yourself to help you write a book. Someone who could not only guide you with the writing part, but also hold, love, support, and accompany your being all the way.
In my workshops on authentic speaking, I knew how to guide people to their inner voice and speak from the heart. However, when writing, I was not able to tap into the clarity, strength, and power of my own inner knowing.
“Naomi provided the warm and inviting space that I needed to speak about my work and listen to the words as they emerged from within. She listened to my words before they were even shaped. She was fascinated with my ideas as I shared them with her, and this receptivity validated what I wanted to write. She showed me how to write from my deeper Self.
“Naomi, thank you for listening to the heart of this book. It was inside me, and you welcomed it into being. Giving birth to books that heal is certainly your calling.” ~ Doreen Hamilton, PhD, author, Essential Speaking: The 7-Step Guide to Finding Your Real Voice
Some Ways You Can Tell a Book Is Calling You to Write It
- The idea visits you in the wee hours, and won’t let you rest until you do something about it.
- You have put down thoughts on paper (or in computer files), even though you don’t yet know know what they could add up to.
- There are journals (in your closet . . . drawer, etc.) that contain some shareable treasures, amidst the purely personal parts.
- Stories, impressions, ideas tease your imagination (even if you haven’t written them down).
- You sense that you need to write your book in order to bring your life into its next chapter.
As a therapist, I know how grateful my patients are when they feel genuinely understood, not just their processes, but their essence. I didn’t know I could feel the same way with a book- developer! But working with Naomi I felt that and more. And I too am profoundly grateful for her skillful way of bringing out the best in her clients, and mostly, for her humanity.” ~ Shelle Goldstein, LCSW, PA, author, Blossoming Beyond the Desert
You Don’t Have to Do It All Alone
Sometimes even wonderful listeners like you can use support in really hearing their own heart’s call and expression. This is where I come in as a Book Developer.
You know full well the power of being listened to, from your work with your clients. Now it’s time to let someone listen to you, for a change, and bring forth the true expression of what’s in your heart and on your mind.
Want to learn more about my work with therapists? Read the interview about my work with therapists in “Where the Client Is: Building a Better Practice” ~ #2 on the Press page.
Naomi Rose was an invaluable partner on the journey. Her grasp of the book extended from the overall vision down to the details, and even in small ways she created an appealing whole out of the many ideas I had to share. Her insights and her gift for understanding my message raised my confidence so much.
“The book is now changing lives, and finding its way into homes and hearts around the world. Thank you so much, Naomi!” ~ Barbara Hanneloré, author, The Moon and You: A Woman’s Guide to an Easier Monthly Cycle. Finalist, Indie Excellence Book Awards; Silver Award, Living Now Book Awards
♥ READY TO START? ♥
Schedule a free phone consultation with me. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org, or call me directly at (510) 465-3935 (Pacific Standard Time).
I look forward to the genuine privilege of helping you birth your book and bring your wisdom, creativity, beauty, and healing influence to readers across the world.
It’s your turn to be heard, now.
Let’s listen together.